|Job Title||Human Resources Generalist - Recruiter|
|Reports to||Human Resources Manager|
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources, May 2022
Perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties and assignments related to the recruitment, onboarding and retention of employees. Actively participate in the recruiting process, analyze employee performance and retention address employee matters, and organizes work activities on behalf of the company. Lead all recruitment activities such as posting job notices, reviewing job applications, conducting telephone and in person interviews, coordinating job fairs, attending recruitment events, organizing new employee orientations, creating offer letters. Posting employment ads on various mediums such as the company website, internet job recruiting websites and social media as well as immediately following up with interested candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develop effective recruitment plans and strategies.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Review resumes and qualifications to determine suitability of candidates.
- Pre-screen job applicants.
- Manage all communications with candidates, informing them fully about the job and company.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule.
- Manage all applicant tracking system, maintaining accurate and current applicant data base.
- Keep current with sourcing strategies and industry trends.
- Ensure regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process compliance with federal and state legislation.
- Participate in quality improvement projects for Human Resources.
- Conduct HR and employment training as needed.
- Verify references, conduct background checks, facilitate pre-employment testing as needed.
- Attend recruitment events as needed, occasional night or weekend presentations/recruitment open houses.
- Support HR Manager in implementing human resources policies and procedures.
- Update HR database with employee change requests and process paperwork.
- Ensure paperwork and documents are filed in appropriate employee personnel files, maintains personnel files in compliance with established company policy and prepare new employee files.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Behavioral Core Competencies:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies on a daily basis. These factors will be used to measure an employee’s performance throughout the workday.
1) Demonstrates proper attendance and punctuality requirement
2) Completes task on time and accepts responsibility for the best of the organization
3) Time management and prioritizing – uses time efficiently with existing resources
4) Observes proper safety and security procedure
1) Accurately distributes information, both written and orally
2) Provides excellent customer service - both internal and external of the organization
3) Maintains high standards of professionalism
4) Demonstrates teamwork with co-workers and upholds organizational values
5) Maintains code of ethics and confidentiality in dealing with co-workers
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Human Resources/Recruiting required.
2) Certificates and Licenses:
SHRM or HRCI certification desired
3) Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Human Resource systems and Database software.
4) Math Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts of basic math, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
1) Language Ability:
Written and verbal skills are critical in the position. Ability to read and interpret policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, management, and applicants.
2) Writing Ability:
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
3) Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.