|Job Title||Materials Management Technician*|
|Location||Huntsville, AL*||*Position is based out of Huntsville, AL|
|Reports to||Operation Supervisor|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources, July 2019
This position provides assistance to operations staff through the receipt, stocking, issuance, inventory and transportation
support of supplies, equipment, and records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned)
Inventories and restocks medical equipment and supplies in stockroom and on ambulances.
Issues required supplies and equipment to appropriate individuals and maintains inventory of items.
Maintains complete and accurate inventory and asset control. Manage records for medical equipment and supplies.
Inspects, cleans, and repairs medical equipment as required.
Completes records and reports in a timely manner.
Ensures proper safeguarding of equipment and supplies.
Examines material received, verifies content, and checks for discrepancies.
Communicates with supervisors to maintain awareness of inventory levels.
Maintains a safe and clean work area and maintains cleanliness of vehicle inside and out and does not smoke nor permit any passenger to smoke in a HEMSI vehicle.
Performs all courier runs in a timely manner.
Expected to be able to physically and legally drive an any given time. This is to include the ability to drive an ambulance, non-emergency, from time-to-time to support HEMSI’s needs as required by fleet management or operations.
Behavioral Core Competencies:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies on a daily basis. These factors will be used to measure an employee’s performance throughout the workday.
1. Demonstrates proper attendance and punctuality requirement
2. Inventory management assistance to all employees
3. Time management and prioritizing – uses time efficiently with existing resources
4. Maintains standards for safety and security procedures
5. Upholds HEMSI policy and procedures of employment Huntsville Emergency Medical Services, Inc.
6. Distribution of information, both written and oral
7.Obtains unbiased information
8. Provides excellent customer service – both internal and external of the organization
9.Maintains highest standards of professionalism
1. Problem solving – discovers, analyzes, and solves problems to overcome obstacles
2. Initiative – identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts to follow through on work activities to
capitalize or resolve them
3. Innovative – generates unique ideas for improving work
4. Listening – accurately receives information and reciprocates effectively to party received from
5. Navigation skills – ability to reach desired destinations and minimize incidents of getting lost in routes
6. Decision Making, weighing risks, makes accurate judgments
7. Demonstrates attention to detail and analytical thinking
Hard Skills Requirements:
1. Education: High School diploma or equivalent
2. Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, Current driver's license
Motor Vehicle Record acceptable to HEMSI’s insurance
3. Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Soft Skills Requirements:
1. Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
2. Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 120 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions